I'm here! Trip over was great....well, except for the bit where we were hijacked to
Exhilarated to be in Prague! (it is WAY more beautiful than the pix can show in books)....
Serene trip from Summerland right across the ocean (that's a lotta water..!) intoHeathrow. Heathrow...oy, what a zoo....but found my plane to Prague...so amazing to look down upon the English Channel, northern France, Belgium -I saw Brussels and Ghent from the air : ), across Germany which turned into masses of beautiful dark green trees...and into Prague. Long time to get to my hotel...long story, I'll spare you :-/....so not in till late evening.
Sweet little room for 4 nights ...very comfy bed, old wood trimming everywhere which i love...big sit-in windows that look over a little square. People sit at tables there, in the beautiful night air in candlelight eating dinner and sipping wine....how European of them! I was just itching to join them! The architecture here is absolutely beautiful...graceful, refined....then at night the cobblestone street out my window is awash with the ebb and flow late into the night of mostly male hormone little waves (lol) so as usual in Europe, a bit noisey to stay in the center of town, but I love watching and feeling that pulse of life.
n.b. Travel Tip #2 It's hard to catch up on sleep and jetlag when you keep popping out of bed to see what's going on....3:30am..it actually did become very quiet.
Today, (the 12th, i seem tohave lost a day in transit) I set out for a walk to see Prague by myself for the first time, before i join with the little tour group tonight at 5 for dinner. Walked across that wonderful pedestrian bridge...Charles Bridge,and then to the Old Square and well all over the place....spent quite a long time at the Mucha Art Museum...like impressionism, it is a whole different matter to see an entire body of an artist's work up close and personal, rather than in a book....i was blown away by the delicacy of Mucha's work... Then went throught the Museum of Communism..since Prague was very much affected by all that of course...
ok...will leave it at that for now....sorry I took lots of pix but have no way to put them onto this blog....
Not sure when my next post will be....I'm not terribly interested in competing with a horde of other tourists for the one hotel computer haha...so may wait for a quiet cyber cafe somewhere for the next one...
Til then, be well everyone! cheers from Prague!! xx love, Patricia aka Sophie the sock ;-)
![]() |
| Charles Bridge at night (where did the people go!) |

No comments:
Post a Comment