Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I wonder if I should have been a nun....

...early evening on Wednesday...

I wanted to find the very unadvertised Abbey...sometimes Salzburg makes you feel a bit like a processed tourist (unlike Eastern Europe) but the Abbey is not mentioned ....climbed a long high hill and around the coner at the top i found it...I found the Abbey church was open and i was the only one around...opened the door quietly and......was enchanted!   sat quietly in a back pew and listened to some nuns singing Vespers, somewhere behind and above me, enclosed....i could only hear them....so pure, the loveliest thing...!...it brought me to tears...

...i think it was the single most beautiful moment of this whole trip...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing Mum.

    By the way, it was your moral duty to try the Fois Gras your tour guide offered you. Especially with so many hungary people around.

    (and on the note, try the veal folks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again the last 2 blogs did not show up as blogs (0 new...) and sure enough they were down on the right side. I have just found them. You will be so used to walking miles that I can see you walking to Penticton every day when you get home.!!!
    thanks again for your fascinating updates
    love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comments all!
    pffffft to John : ) xx : )

    to Mum, only the most recent blog will show up on the opening page, but im not sure....they are always archived at the left.... xx

    Yvonne, im not very far from you now ha! waving to you xx

    ReplyDelete