Thursday, September 16, 2010

from the Czech Republic to Poland

Beskydy Mountains
Yesterday (Wednesday) we drove across the Czech Republic to Moravia (the eastern part) and up into the mountains - unexpectedly beautiful, these Beskydy Mtns.  We stayed at a ski resort (we were the only guests) and some of us took the time to hike on the mountain trails.  It was simply beautiful....It was so high you could look across the Czech countryside... Wonderful fresh mountain air!  I have found the Czech people we interacted with were gentle, warm, unpretentious...I liked them very much indeed.   They have been through so much...

Very cold up here in the mountains; I had to pile on an extra eiderdown quilt to stay warm.   We were given a great dinner tonight, but best of all, afterwards, a local group of Czech musicians and folkdancers came in and put on a really beautiful show for us.   It was absolutely enchanting...whimsical, funny, impossible to sit still....so uncommercial! just authenticity: Czech men and women having wonderful time singing and dancing.  It was obvious they were having a blast : ) as were we.  At the end of their performance, the dancers came into our group and invited some of us up to dance.  I was one of the invited : ) It was like a polka....it was exhilarating!
So yes, full confession here...I, Patricia Parry, danced with a Czech gentleman in a remote mountain chalet atop the misty and magical Beskydy Mts...and it was wonderful!   After, when i went to my room to sleep, it was so still and quiet, i had a great sleep.  

Bye bye Czech Republic and thank you from Patricia.....

No comments:

Post a Comment